To learn about EVP Systems’ EVP Office, visit our About EVP Office page.
If you’re too busy to run estates yourself and would like us to do them for you—for a higher fee—please see our About Professional Services page.
Get Notified of New Releases
To get a notification whenever a new version is release, just enter your address below. We will never use your e-mail for anything other than letting you know that a new version of EVP Office is available. We will never spam you or sell your data. An RSS feed is also available.
Changes in EVP Office 9.0.3
EVP Office 9.0.3 is a minor release, and you probably don't need to upgrade unless you want any of the features or fixes listed below.
- Each EVP Office application now can use the full Western European character set (Windows-1252), including letters with accents, umlauts, tildes, and other diacritical marks; these work in every text field, including the filename
- Print Preview in EstateVal, GiftVal, and CostBasis now includes an "Excel" button, for exporting the previewed report as an Excel file
- EstateVal, GiftVal, and CostBasis can now be configured to suggest an initial filename based on the portfolio's name, account number, extra filed, and/or as-of date
- Both the Setup Wizard and the MSI installer now accept command-line arguments for setting the Account Information Key at install-time, preventing the user from having to enter it when the programs are first run
- Pop-up dialogs from the Message Center or that ask for user information that appear unpredictably can now be suppressed by preference file settings; this was done to allow the application to be controlled by bots
- The shares held by a lot on the date-of-death can now be edited through the Inventory dialog as well as the grid; this was done to allow the application to be controlled by bots
- A new field on the main screen can be enabled, for portfolio-specific information not included on the reports; it maintains the last 20 entries and supports typeahead for easy repeated entry, and it can be used as part of the default filename
- Loading a portfolio with an existing as-of date greater then ten years ago no longer brings up a warning dialog; entering a new as-of date over ten years old still produces the warning
- Automatic system proxy detection now recognizes the
<scheme>=format as well as
<scheme>://, so PAC files can return either
- The inventory items in the Log Information dialog now have consistent font sizes across reports
- Excel (CSV), TrustWare 11, and GEMS exports now include proper accrual date ranges for delayed-payment mortgage-backed textual information
- Better text is now used for dividend adjustments caused by reverse splits ("Adjusted up" instead of "Adjusted down")
- When a security splits on the same day that a dividend goes of-record, the dividend is now properly adjusted for the split
- Using the "Advanced" button from the Inventory Information dialog now uses the appropriate date for the action, instead of always using the valuation date
- Evaluation Status Icons for the Alternate Date for cash, unknown identifiers, and user-defined information now appear in the proper column
- All the dialog boxes have been re-laid out to use less vertical space, so the
Cancelbuttons are visible on laptop screens and field spacing is more consistent
- GiftVal now allows user-defined prices to be set for Appraisal reports
- The Excel export now properly shows user-defined values when they're entered as "Per Share," "Per Par," or "Per Security Type"