To learn about EVP Office, including fees and minimum hardware requirements, visit our About EVP Office page.
If you’re too busy to run estates yourself and would like us to do them for you—for a higher fee—please see our About Professional Services page.
Get Notified of New Releases
To get a notification whenever a new version is release, just enter your address below. We will never use your e-mail for anything other than letting you know that a new version of EVP Office is available. We will never spam you or sell your data. An RSS feed is also available.
Changes in EVP Office 8.5.3
EVP Office 8.5.3 is a minor release, and you probably don't need to upgrade unless you want any of the features or fixes listed below. EVP Systems fully supports each release of EVP Office until its end-of-life date, listed here.
- The applications now default to the "Secure" evaluation method for new installations.
Tools → Find...now lists what was found rather than just indicating the lot, and does not include lots with "User-Defined Information" under the "Lots with any problems" search.
- GiftVal and CostBasis can now search on lot statuses as well as names and warnings, including unpriced, user-priced, failed-price, and old-price lots.
- On the Excel (XLSX) export from GiftVal, the Basis Value column now has a sum at the bottom of the report.
- The default number of lots allowed in a portfolio has been raised from 500 to 1,000.
- Modern "flat style" message box icons are now used on later versions of Windows.
- File associations (.EVP to EstateVal) are now properly set up at installation time, fixing a regression in 8.5.2.
- HTML controls now always display their contents properly the first time.
- When in Demo Mode, Put/Call options and import/export usage reporting now work successfully.
- Import/export usage reporting no longer sends custom names, preventing unescaped XML entities from crashing the server-side HTTPS POST.
- Very large portfolio notes no longer overflow memory when XML entities are escaped.
- Evaluation status icons now properly show the state of lots with adjusted Alternate Date inventories.
- The EstateWorks export can now export Common Trust Funds, CDs, and Savings Notes.
- In GiftVal and CostBasis, the label "Estate of:" is now "Portfolio of:".
- GiftVal now shows basis values and dates on securities with user-defined values.
Scheduled End-of-Life for EVP Office Releases
EVP Systems retires each version of EVP Office roughly 30 months after its release, and encourages clients to upgrade on a regular basis, to take advantage of the latest features and bug-fixes. Each version is fully supported until its retirement.
|EVP Office 8.1.0||August 17, 2021|
|EVP Office 8.1.1||August 17, 2021|
|EVP Office 8.2.0||August 17, 2021|
|EVP Office 8.2.1||August 17, 2021|
|EVP Office 8.2.2||August 17, 2021|
|EVP Office 8.3.0||February 14, 2022|
|EVP Office 8.3.1||February 14, 2022|
|EVP Office 8.4.0||February 14, 2022|
|EVP Office 8.4.1||May 16, 2022|
|EVP Office 8.4.2||May 16, 2022|
|EVP Office 8.5.0||February 13, 2023|
|EVP Office 8.5.1||February 13, 2023|
|EVP Office 8.5.2||September 18, 2023|
|EVP Office 8.5.3||September 18, 2023|
If you are unable to upgrade your installation of EVP Office before its end-of-life date, please get in touch with our Support Department to ask for an extension.