To learn about EVP Office, including fees and minimum hardware requirements, visit our About EVP Office page.
If you’re too busy to run estates yourself and would like us to do them for you—for a higher fee—please see our About Professional Services page.
Get Notified of New Releases
To get a notification whenever a new version is release, just enter your address below. We will never use your e-mail for anything other than letting you know that a new version of EVP Office is available. We will never spam you or sell your data. An RSS feed is also available.
Changes in EVP Office 8.5.2
EVP Office 8.5.2 is a minor release, and you probably don't need to upgrade unless you want any of the features or fixes listed below. EVP Systems fully supports each release of EVP Office until its end-of-life date, listed here.
- In EstateVal, GiftVal, and CostBasis, reports can now be exported as true Excel files (XLSX format).
- The applications now allow automatic proxy detection (via the Windows system-level settings) and the use of system credentials to authenticate proxy connections.
- Single columns can now be pasted into the grid, rather than requiring multiple columns at the same time and assuming that they're in order.
- GiftVal can now paste Basis Value and Basis Date into the grid along with Identifiers and Shares.
- Users can now subscribe and unsubscribe from the EVP Systems mailing lists from inside the applications, by going to
Tools → Update User....
- The main-screen fields can now have input masks and minimum lengths, requiring that they be filled out with specific content before an evaluation can be run or a report generated.
- In Training Mode, the identifiers
$USDnow "evaluate" as $1.00/share and with the name "Cash," instead of invented values.
- The reports can have added disclaimers at the top of the page, at the top of the content area (below the headers), and at the bottom of the content area (above the page number). Previously, they could only be at the bottom of the page, after the report total, and at the bottom of the last page (above the page number).
- The hidden Support options pane now has the ability to reset the warning dialogs that appear before evaluations and research queries, but can be permanently dismissed.
- The About dialog box how has a button to show the open-source licenses for each project that's used in each application.
- EVP Office has a new installer that allows for the programs to be installed for the current user, even if they don't have administrative privileges. Installing for all users on the computer still requires an administrative password.
- After nineteen years, EVP Office's demo mode has a new sample portfolio, one that mirrors our latest marketing material.
- HTTP proxy failures now offer more detailed error messages for response codes 300 and above.
- The top and bottom margin of the RTF report export were adjusted to paginate properly on a Mac as well as Windows.
- When a CUSIP is entered as the security identifier and it is updated to a different CUSIP on the evaluation date, only the updated value now appears on the report, instead of both.
- Appraisal Date reports can no longer be run before closing prices have been set for the day, and the evaluation of all reports is now disabled until after midnight Pacific Time, to allow for all data to load properly.
- CapWatch will now properly show print-previews of billing records and write them to the local file, even if the application is closed with the
Xin the upper-right, Alt+F4, or the Close command from the upper-left icon.
- CapWatch can now write word-processing documents and PDFs of billing records without crashing.
- Shares and Basis Values pasted into the grid are now truncated to their minimum or maximum value, as appropriate.
- GiftVal no longer shows Report Options for research reports, since it can't actually produce them.
- GiftVal no longer shows dividends with zero value as omitted; it just doesn't show them at all.
- The sample portfolio that appears when the programs are run in Demonstration Mode now successfully loads under any installation configuration.
- The software can now successfully be installed by administrative accounts on Windows installations without access to per-user folders.
Scheduled End-of-Life for EVP Office Releases
EVP Systems retires each version of EVP Office roughly 30 months after its release, and encourages clients to upgrade on a regular basis, to take advantage of the latest features and bug-fixes. Each version is fully supported until its retirement.
|EVP Office 8.1.0||August 17, 2021|
|EVP Office 8.1.1||August 17, 2021|
|EVP Office 8.2.0||August 17, 2021|
|EVP Office 8.2.1||August 17, 2021|
|EVP Office 8.2.2||August 17, 2021|
|EVP Office 8.3.0||February 14, 2022|
|EVP Office 8.3.1||February 14, 2022|
|EVP Office 8.4.0||February 14, 2022|
|EVP Office 8.4.1||May 16, 2022|
|EVP Office 8.4.2||May 16, 2022|
|EVP Office 8.5.0||February 13, 2023|
|EVP Office 8.5.1||February 13, 2023|
|EVP Office 8.5.2||September 18, 2023|
If you are unable to upgrade your installation of EVP Office before its end-of-life date, please get in touch with our Support Department to ask for an extension.