To learn about EVP Systems’ EVP Office, visit our About EVP Office page.
If you’re too busy to run estates yourself and would like us to do them for you—for a higher fee—please see our About Professional Services page.
Get Notified of New Releases
To get a notification whenever a new version is release, just enter your address below. We will never use your e-mail for anything other than letting you know that a new version of EVP Office is available. We will never spam you or sell your data. An RSS feed is also available.
Changes in EVP Office 9.0.0
EVP Office 9.0.0 is a major release, and we encourage you to upgrade at your earliest convenience. EVP Systems fully supports each release of EVP Office until its end-of-life date, listed here.
- All the applications have had a design refresh, including high-color toolbars, new icons, and a new about screen; on Windows 11, the applications reflect the new system-wide design
- Put/Call Option, Foreign Currency, Cryptocurrency, and Commodity look-up icons have been added to the toolbar, replacing the User Identity and Web site buttons
- Each application now obeys all OS-level scaling settings, including system dots-per-inch and text scaling percentages
- Dialog text is 12.5% bigger and the grid is 25% bigger than previously
- OpenSSL is now used for secure connections, replacing Windows' built-in Schannel; this allows Widows XP and Vista to connect securely
- Evaluation Status Icons are now on by default
- The weight of the font (both for "Normal" and "Bold" weights) has been increased, to make print-outs easier to read
- Passthrough data can how handle very long filenames, and properly truncates ones that are over 256 characters
- Passthrough data selection "Name, Account, Date, Report Type" now includes all those values, instead of just the Report Type
- The Excel (XLSX) export now properly includes mutual fund daily dividend accruals as a line item
- When in Demonstration Mode, the sample file is properly copied from the installation directory to the documents directory in all cases
- The EVP Office installer deletes now-unused libraries from the installation directory, left over from previous versions and capable of causing problems with newer operating systems
- The installer again requires administrative privileges to install; the non-admin option was removed after causing some confusion
Scheduled End-of-Life for EVP Office Releases
EVP Systems retires each version of EVP Office roughly 30 months after its release, and encourages clients to upgrade on a regular basis, to take advantage of the latest features and bug-fixes. Each version is fully supported until its retirement.
|EVP Office 8.1.0||November 16, 2021|
|EVP Office 8.2.0||November 16, 2021|
|EVP Office 8.2.1||November 16, 2021|
|EVP Office 8.2.2||February 15, 2022|
|EVP Office 8.3.0||May 17, 2022|
|EVP Office 8.3.1||May 17, 2022|
|EVP Office 8.4.0||August 16, 2022|
|EVP Office 8.4.1||August 16, 2022|
|EVP Office 8.4.2||November 15, 2022|
|EVP Office 8.5.0||February 13, 2023|
|EVP Office 8.5.1||February 13, 2023|
|EVP Office 8.5.2||September 18, 2023|
|EVP Office 8.5.3||September 18, 2023|
|EVP Office 9.0.0||March 12, 2024|
If you are unable to upgrade your installation of EVP Office before its end-of-life date, please get in touch with our Support Department to ask for an extension.