While most of the attention that EstateVal gets is focused on editing and evaluating portfolios, the program is just as flexible when it comes to dealing with invoices and account histories. Below are four tips that will let you take control of your billing records:
1. Automatically Print Billing Records: When EstateVal finishes an evaluation, it generates a billing record, a history of all the CUSIPs that were priced and their cost. By default, this record is only written to the disk for future reference, not shown on the screen or sent to the printer. If you'd like to either see or print (or both) this report after each evaluation, go to the Standard Options dialog and set "Send Billing Records to:" to "Printer", "Screen", or "Printer and Screen".
2. Print a Single Bill: You can also see or print the billing record for any single evaluation that's been done in the past, too. This let's you produce extra copies or selectively show a history of evaluations. In EstateVal, select "Billing > View Report" from the Tools menu. If there's more than one month of bills, you'll be prompted to select the one that contains the report you're interested in. Next, select the specific bill you'd like to see, and it will appear on the screen. If you want a hard copy, press the "Print" button.
3. Print a Month of Bills: Sometimes, you'll want to print out a whole month of bills at once. This can be handy for month-end summaries and accounting. In EstateVal, select "Billing > Print Month"; if there is more than one month of bills, pick the one you'd like.
4. View Billing Records from a Spreadsheet: Starting with version 6.4.0, EstateVal allows you to save your billing records using a csv (comma separated values) format, which you can open using your spreadsheet software. Just select "Billing > Export Month"; if there is more than one month of bills, select the one you'd like.
5. Set Billing Amounts: EstateVal allows you to set the amount that appears for each item on a billing record. This lets you automatically produce invoices for customers you may be re-billing. Simply go to the Billing Options dialog and edit the values. All new billing records (and subsequently re-printed ones) will use the new amounts.
<< Back to the EstateVal FAQs