EVP Office Fixes
- Print-Preview Characters No Longer Clipped: Previously, the bottoms of characters would be clipped off in certain print-preview modes. This has been fixed, making the previews easier to read.
- Print-Preview Tearing Fixed: On certain zoom levels in previous version, the print preview page would “tear” when the page was scrolled. This has been corrected.
EstateVal and CostBasis Fixes
- Floating Point Accuracy in Files Improved: Floating point numbers saved in portfolio files will now save to the accuracy that they can be edited. In previous 7.x versions of the software, they would truncate at six decimal places.
- Custom Modem and Internet Preferences Preserved while Upgrading: If changes to the modem or Internet preferences were made directly in the application’s INI file on versions before 7.0.1, they are now preserved upon upgrading.
- Exchange Rates Now Saved: A bug prevented Canadian exchange rates from being saved, causing re-loaded protfolios containing foreign securities to print incorrectly.
- Long-Term CDs Now Saved: Long-Term CDs weren’t being saved, reverting to their unpriced state after being re-loaded. This has been fixed.
- IRS Values Now Saved: Additionally, IRS values (return-list accrual and principal, when the program is in “IRS Mode”) weren’t saved.
- Short Coupons Weighting Correct: Short coupons would occasionlly be used, instead of indicating the presence of a long payment period.
- Long Portfolio Names and Billing Records: Long portfolio names no longer cause the generation of billing records to crash EstateVal.
- All X-for-X Splits Show Correctly: Occasionally, a miscalculation would show a “1-for-0.9999” split having occured. This has been fixed.
- Rounding Correct in All Cases: Previously, pennies would occasionally be truncated instead of rounded — 0.05 would become 0.00 instead of 0.01. This has been fixed.
- Missing Import Shares Default: On an import, if no shares are available, the default of “1” will now be used.
- Cosmetic CMO Billing Problem Fixed: Doing an Alternate Date evaluation of a portfolio with CMOs in it would produce non-billed entries for the Date of Death for those securities. This has been fixed.
EVP Administrator Fixes
- Delete Works: The delete button for Users and Groups now works. Previuosly, it was failing because a confirmation dialog box was not being properly created.
EVP Office Features
- UNC Path Names Now Allowed: All EVP Office applications now accept Universal Naming Convention paths (using the format \\server\share).
- Longer Most-Recently-Used List: Each EVP Office application now saves the last eight most-recently-used portfolios on the File menu.
- U.S. Trust Import: EstateVal now imports files produced in-house by U.S. Trust.
- Series H Issue and Maturity Included: Reports that use Series H bonds now show their issue and maturity dates.
- Schedule E-1, E-2 Export EPS: EstateVal can now export its data to Schedules E-1 and E-2 in EPS.