Export Options control how evaluations produced by EstateVal can be output as files compatible with other software. Once an export format is selected and configured, it can be executed by selecting either
File → Export → From EstateVal → [Report Type] (to export the portfolio currently loaded into EstateVal) or
File → Export → From Files → [Report Type] (to export a portfolio file; multiple files from multiple EstateVal portfolios can also be done at one time with this selection).
Please note that TEdec, GEMS, and EstateWorks have integrated EVP Systems pricing directly into their software, so exports from EstateVal are no longer required. To use this feature of their software, please contact them and ask about “EVP Everywhere” to get started.
Type sets the type of export file that will be produced. The program supports the following:
- BNA 706: Exports evaluation data to Bloomberg/BNA’s Estate & Gift Tax 706 Preparer software. A detailed tutorial is available.
- Cusip/Shares: Exports security identifiers and their shares/par values to a plain file, one lot per line; no evaluation data is included.
- EstateWorks: Exports evaluation data to EstateWorks. A detailed tutorial is available.
- Excel: Exports evaluation data as a comma-separated values (CSV) file that can then be imported into Excel.
- FASTER V8: Exports evaluation data to FASTER V8.
- FASTER ASP: Exports evaluation data to FASTER ASP.
- GEMS: Exports evaluation data to Gillette Publishing’s GEMS estate management software. A detailed tutorial for GEMS is available.
- ONESOURCE: Exports evaluation data to with Thompson Reuters ONESOURCE software. A detailed tutorial for ONESOURCE is available.
- TEdec: Exports evaluation data to TEdec. TEdec can also retrieve EVP Systems evaluations from directly within their program, without imports or exports.
Extension sets the three-character file extension—like “CSV” or “TXT” or “DAT”—that the exported file will use.
Path sets the default location to export the file to. Use the drop-down to select common locations, or the button with three dots next to it to select any folder on the computer.
Schedule only appears when Type is set to “GEMS” and defines the schedule that the exported data will be sent to: “B”, “E1”, “E2”, “F”, “G”, “H”, or “I”.